onsdag den 2. november 2011

I am actually doing it!

Now I have actually done it.
I've sent out seven.

And you are probably thinking; "seven what?" - I'll tell you in a minute.

First, let me introduce myself and this blog.
My name is Charlie, I'm currently 19 years old and I'm a last year student at Rødkilde Gymnasium in Vejle, Denmark.
This blog is made to inspire other people who wants to travel and do some volunteer work when then they are done in school (or whenever they have the time for it.)
It is also meant for document what I am doing - both before my travel and during my travel so my friends and family, and everybody interested, can follow my adventures.

So, seven what? I promised you an answer.
I've sent out seven queries - three for Finland, two for Russia and two for Lithuania.
I've asked the different projects if they need a volunteer starting around august or september 2012 and how long the projects are. Sadly I can't be gone for more than 6 - 8 months because I have to be back in Denmark in time for applying for a university, which is around March.

So, that is what I've done. I've sent out queries.

I actually already have gotten an answer from two of the seven projects I have e-mailed. The first project that replied needed two volunteers around January 2012 so now I have crossed that project of my list.
The other project who replied me, and this is actually quite a funny story, didn't know what I was talking about. At the EVS project page the person to contact was called Tiinu so I wrote an e-mail to Tiinu. I then got a reply from a girl named Sini who told me that Tiinu didn't work there anymore and she didn't even know what EVS was.

Btw, did I even mention that? I am looking for EVS projects.

If you don't know that EVS is short for European Voluntary Service which is the European Commission's project that allows a young person (18 - 30 years) to become a volunteer in another country for a specified period, normally between 2 - 12 months ← That I directly copied from Wikipedia.
EU pays for the whole deal - if you have to pay anything it is only 10 % of your travel costs. This makes the EVS project ideal for a person like me who doesn't have a lot of money but still wants to travel and explore the world.

That's all for now. I will write again when something new and exciting happens.

Charlie - in her room in Ølsted, Denmark
***

3 kommentarer:

  1. .. og du kom ikke længere Charlie? :O
    (læg mærker til jeg skriver Charlie, plejer jeg ikke ..)

    SvarSlet
  2. Haha, du er så dygtig! Nej, det gjorde jeg ikke rigtigt. Men der er kommet nyt i sagen, så planen er faktisk, at "starte forfra" igen. Synes bare ikke rigtigt, at tiden er til det :)

    SvarSlet
  3. Hehe jeg tror også jeg har startet min blog op på ny 3 gange.. eller sådan noget :P

    SvarSlet

Share your thoughts